"I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught."
- Winston Churchill

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Act III

I can't stand to take notes while I read. I can't stand having to stop and write something, it interrupts the flow of the piece and makes it harder for me to understand rather than easier. Because of this, I did not take notes on act III... but I can summarize:

The players act out the scene Hamlet gave them and  it pisses off Claudius
Claudius confesses in private to murder and seems to feel bad somewhat
Gertrude calls in hamlet to talk to him and he makes her feel bad about what shes done but really insults her
Hamlet catches Polonius eavesdropping and mistakes him for the king and kills him through the curtain but doesn't feel bad.
The ghost comes and calms down Hamlet reminding him not to harm Gertrude but Gertrude can't see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment