"I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught."
- Winston Churchill

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Hacking My Education

Today reminded me of a few things:
1. There's a lot of things about the way high school works that I don't like.
2. Waking up early sucks
3. I didn't really have a "break" because I was still at school for four hours nearly every day for wrestling and traveled every weekend to compete so I'm coming back to school more tired than I did when I left.
Today's conversation on Siddhartha was interesting and I learned a lot about Brahmins and finding your inner peace, but I made a connection that I think most students did that we didn't really talk about. What Siddhartha is going through is what we are all going through. we've spent our whole lives in school and now most of us are getting accepted to colleges, finishing up highschool, preparing to leave our families.. so it's at the point now where we are all feeling "ok.. now what.. what do I do and why do I want to do it..." It's time for us to start our lives and it's scary and exciting at the same time which is what we discussed was how Siddhartha was feeling. The piece really showed why seniors get senioritis.

No comments:

Post a Comment