"I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught."
- Winston Churchill

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

POETRY #1

1.      The commercial “borrows” the poem “The Laughing Heart” by Charles Bukowski
2.      The use of this poem by a corporation is ironic because the poem tells the reader to live life how they want to live it, but the corporation is trying to sell us things basically saying “live your life how you want to live it… as long as you wear Levi jeans”
3.      I think the poem does reflect the reputation of the author because Bukowski had a reputation of drinking and using prostitution so he was living his life as he wanted to live it not paying attention to social norms or the law.

4.      To find the answer to number one I googled “levis go forth poem” and found the video along with the name of the poem. To make sure it was correct I googled the name listed “The Laughing Heart” and found several sites that proved it was correct. I then followed a link on one of these sites that said “Read more on Bukowski” where I learned about his reputation and made my interpretation.

No comments:

Post a Comment