"I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught."
- Winston Churchill

Monday, August 18, 2014

Reflections on Week One

1.       My schedule will affect my experience in this class. Because I have this class sixth period I will be missing class often for wrestling. I am trying to get it switched.
2.      The most amazing learning experience I’ve ever had was at the Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership Conference. The conference was at Cal Lutheran University and collected the some of the best students in Southern California into one place. At this conference there was a variety of leadership activities along with several guest speakers that spoke on diversity and how we judge people. The most memorable experience was one guest speaker who was very funny but could get very serious speaking on the social issues of our culture and the world. It was through this rapid switch from funny to serious that I learned an important thing about learning. There are times to joke around but when it is time to learn jokes need to be put aside and one needs to switch gears to talk on serious issues, which I think is an important lesson. I knew it was happening because I remember laughing one second and the next thinking “Sh*t just got real…”

3.      I am looking forward to the collaborative aspects through technology, and am excited to learn how I can create a digital presence for myself to show my talents and my work. I know it will make a practical difference in my life because the world is becoming more and more paperless and more and more digitized so I think it is important to establish yourself online. 

No comments:

Post a Comment