"I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught."
- Winston Churchill

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Intro to Poetry

1. The title "Summons" has great importance and relevancy to the poem because the poem reflects the authors desire for a "call to adventure." He wants to be summoned to see the world and all kinds of great things.
2. The tone of the poem shows the author as bored with regular life and a desire to get out and see and do things, and his desire to be adventurous.
3. This poem resonates deeply with me. I greatly enjoy traveling and seeing all kinds of cool stuff. When I was abroad this summer one of the jokes the group I was with had was "I can sleep when I'm dead" because we were all so exhausted from staying up so late seeing the sites but yet we still woke up early and went to bed late again.
4. The poem shifts about a third of the way through from telling someone to keep him awake and make him go outside to why he wants to go outside, what he wants to see and do.
5. Go see the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment