"I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught."
- Winston Churchill

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Do what you love

Today in class Dr. Preston assigned us "homework" to do something with greatness. I interpreted that as take some time do really sit down and do what you love and only what you love with no distractions no multi- tasking and this afternoon/ evening I did just that.

My masterpiece is a YouTube channel, so I spent this afternoon researching YouTube monotization, copyright, etc.. along with making graphics for the channel header and profile picture. When I started I had no idea how to use the graphic program and now I feel I have a fairly good understanding of the process behind making graphic art. To be honest, it was a struggle. I watched several hours of tutorials and even longer playing with the program getting a feel for how it works. I loved every minute of it.

After spending so long preparing my channel visually, I am really excited to start making videos. This weekend I am planning ocean kayaking or stand up paddle-boarding at Avila beach this upcoming Sunday afternoon. Please comment to this post if you're interested or let me know at school. I am also going to put up a poll to see if people would be more interested in stand up paddling or kayaking. Lastly please subscribe to my YouTube channel I just started and it would really help me out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment