"I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught."
- Winston Churchill

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

School Rant

Lately I've felt like I am accomplishing very little by being at school. I feel like I could be accomplishing so much more outside of the primary education system. Not that a primary education isn't good, I just feel that the only reason I'm still here is because I have to be. If myself and others like me could just move on to college when we were ready rather than when the state says is okay so much more learning would be done in so much less time. Lately it just seems as if the majority of my classes are pointless and are nothing but busy work. I don't mean to discredit any one or any class, but I HAVE LEARNED NOTHING. Because I took physics last year so far AP physics is all review so far, Econ is just common sense, so far calculus is a review from trigonometry and algebra and there is very little new material. It seems that my English class is the only place I'm learning anything and the things I'm learning aren't typical things one would learn in English. School just seems like a waste of my time, like nothing but busy work. If college would just hurry up and arrive already I could be done with the monotony of school and move on with my life and really accomplish things.

No comments:

Post a Comment